Hi, ESIS students! Whether you are a recent grad, upcoming grad, or current student, here is a compilation of links to profession-specific job postings in library science and information studies.
General Job Sites
- Job Site (iSchool, University of Toronto, Faculty of Information)
- Career Resources (iSchool, University of Toronto, Faculty of Information) – includes a broad range of links to general job sites and information studies-specific sites
- The Partnership Job Board – Listing of positions available in the library and information sector in Canada.
- Careers in the Federal Public Service (can narrow search to LS jobs)
- Library Job Postings on the Internet (international in scope; originally hosted on the web space of the University of Michigan Libraries)
- Canadian Library Association (CLA) Job Search (the provincial and territorial library associations of Canada)
- INALJ – I Need A Library Job
Ottawa-Gatineau Job Sites
- City of Ottawa (can narrow search to Ottawa Public Library)
- University of Ottawa Library
- Carleton University Library
Need help with your cover letter? Open Cover Letters is full of real examples of cover letters for librarian and information science positions.
The Rideau Branch of the Ottawa Public Library is looking for bilingual volunteers to help out with children’s programs, displays, and general help around the library. We are located at 377 Rideau St, which is a short walk away from the uOttawa campus. The work is a great resume building experience for anyone interested in working with the OPL or in public libraries after graduation. Volunteers in first year who could continue over the summer or during next school year are especially welcome.
An online application is available at: https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicEnterprise/EnterpriseSearch?EnterpriseGuid=6b5969ae-d970-4d4d-9ca7-ac29de2e1493&SearchType=Organization&SearchId=12490